ENGINEER'S PROGRAM IN SMART AGRICULTURE AND SUSTAINABILITY
The Smart and Sustainable Agriculture program that integrates knowledge of agricultural sciences, information technology, and economics so that the students have all the necessary knowledge to be creative in a digital economy and have the ability to manage the agricultural supply chains from production to marketing. The programe includes three intensive directions: (1) “Agroecology”, which aims to shed deep insights into complexity of agricultural ecosystem and create its sustainable management, and (2) “Japanese-style agricultural engineering”, which aims to realize Society 5.0 in the agricultural sector by utilizing advanced science and technology such as robotics, AI, and IoT, and (3) “Start-up in agriculture and Enterprise management”, which aims to create and manage businesses oriented toward the development of agriculture in harmony with ecosystems and human values.
Graduates can take up the following positions:
Superiority of the program
1. Liberal Arts education
The philosophy of Liberal Education helps learners to understand broad knowledge of nature and society, in-depth specialized knowledge to open the door to future careers.
2. High-quality program
High-quality program based on the curriculum of the University of Tokyo.
- 63 Vietnamese lecturers with doctorate degrees who have studied and worked in developed countries around the world, are capable of teaching bilingualism.
- 41 lecturers come from the Schools and Research Institutes of the University of Tokyo and the Japanese partners of the University.
4. Focus on fostering foreign language ability
- The training program is designed with many modules taught in English, so the student after graduation will have an English level equivalent to B2, level 4 in the 6-step scale of Vietnam Foreign Language Competency Framework. In addition, students can learn basic Japanese and can register for advanced Japanese lessons according to their needs.
- International academic environment with the participation of many international lecturers.
5. Modern learning method
- Many modules in the training program use active learning method (active learning).
- Based on the experience of Japanese universities, the program will introduce seminar format into some modules to develop communication, discussion, teamwork skills and enhance interaction between lecturers and students, between students and students.
6. High practicality
- The content of the modules is highly practical, with the participation in teaching of many experienced experts from Japanese and Vietnamese organizations and businesses.
- Students will have the opportunity to interact with organizations and businesses through Internship programs.
Program and Learning pathway
1. Training program
The training program consists of 155 credits, which includes the following blocks of knowledge:
- General knowledge block: 21 credits
- Knowledge blocks by field: 33 credits
- Knowledge blocks by industry: 27 credits
- Knowledge by industry group: 21 credits
- Industry knowledge block: 53 credits
2. Learning pathway
The learning path is divided into two main phases:
The knowledge blocks are built including two main parts, which are general knowledge and compulsory background for all students, focusing on the M1 knowledge block, when studying to the M2 knowledge block onwards, there are many directions for students to select. Depending on the problem posed, under the guidance of the lecturer, students will build a learning path in accordance with their abilities and interests.
The lecturers of the training program for Smart Agriculture and Sustainable includes lecturers from Vietnam Japan University, long-term dispatched lecturers from partner universities, research institutes and Japanese enterprises, inside and outside Vietnam National University, Hanoi, research institutes and enterprises in Vietnam. This is a force of highly qualified, integrated, multidisciplinary and experienced staff, ensuring the operation of training programs according to the philosophy of liberal arts education for sustainable development.
The University of Tokyo is the main partner of the training program, represented by Assoc. Dr. Eriko Yasunaga, Program Advisor.
At least 20% of the students receive full or partial scholarships;
There are also business-sponsored scholarships for Hanoi National University.
Details of scholarships are available here.
The program frame is available here.
Admissions Targets: 50 students / course
- Admission is based on the results of the assessment of qualifications (including academic records, achievements in high school.., interviews).
- Admission in another way:
– Admission is based on High School Exam Result in year.
– Admission of international foreign language certificates (English, combined with 02 subjects of high school graduation exam in year).
– Admission of results on the SAT.
– Admission of A-Level Certificate.
– Direct admission and admission to specialized high schools.
– Direct selection of candidates to participate in international competition teams or win national prizes.
– Admission is based on the results of the competency assessment exam of VNU.
5th Floor, Vietnam Japan University, Luu Huu Phuoc Street, My Dinh 1 Urban Area, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi
Phone: (+84) 24 73066001 – Ext 5093
Hotline: (+84) 966 954 736 (Zalo) – (+84) 96 96 38 426