Bachelor program in Computer Science and Engineering
Bachelor program in Computer Science and Engineering
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Name of training industry:
Vietnamese: Khoa học và kĩ thuật máy tính
Enghlish: Computer Science and Engineering
Code of training industry: 7480204QTD
Graduation diploma name:
Vietnamese: Cử nhân Khoa học (chương trình chất lượng cao)
Enghlish: The Degree of Bachelor in Computer Science and Engineering (Honors Program)
Time of educate: 4 years
2. SIGNIFICATION AND OBJECTIVES OF ESTABLISHING
Vietnam Japan University (VJU) was established on July 21, 2014 and is the 7th member of Vietnam National University, Hanoi. The birth of VJU is not only the result of the cooperation relationship as an extensive strategic partnership between the governments of Vietnam and Japan, but also the crystallization of the ideas, ambitions and dedication of the two countries. scientists, agencies, organizations and businesses of the two countries.
Computer Science and Engineering is the second training program selected by VJU to open a bachelor’s program after considering ways to promote the strengths of the university, its dedication to the field of higher education in Vietnam and contribute to the development of cooperative relations in many aspects of the two countries of Vietnam and Japan in the new era.
Therefore, unlike other training programs in the fields of Computer Science and Information Science, VJU’s Computer Science and Engineering program has been built on an interdisciplinary basis between computer science and technology. Computer engineering combined with general and necessary knowledge for the 21st century aims to train highly qualified and competitive computer science and technology human resources in the labor market. activities in the country, Japan and other countries in the world in the period of industrial revolution 4.0 and society 5.0.
3. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Students after graduation can take up the following positions:
+ Expert in data analysis, software development on different platforms (web, mobile devices,…),
+ Expert in software testing, system analysis, financial analysis; project management on information technology;
+ Researchers at research and development institutes and centers;
+ Lecturer at universities, colleges, professional and vocational schools;
+ Technical staff in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, information technology and applications in the fields of industry, production, economy- society in companies and organizations in Vietnam, Japan and other countries.
+ Graduates have the ability to continue their studies to graduate level (Master, PhD) in computer science and engineering related majors at universities in the country, Japan, and the region and around the world.
4. SUPERIORITY OF THE PROGRAM
4.1 Liberal Arts education
- Provides a broad base of knowledge, including the social sciences and the natural sciences.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of Japan.
- Encourage students to self-study and develop themselves so that they can adapt to the changes of society in the era of Industry 4.0 and society 5.0.
– Provide for students with the ability to develop and creative research ideas in interdisciplinary fields and to develop applied models and solutions of computer science and engineering to achieve the objectives of the problem posed.
4.3 Opportunity to study in Japan right in Vietnam
– In addition to the Vietnamese lecturers, the Program has the cooperation of the lecturers from 13 major Japanese Universities.
– Students will be able to participate in many exchange activities with Japanese students.
4.4 Focus on fostering foreign language ability
– The training program is designed with many modules taught in English, so the student after graduation will have an English level equivalent to B2, level 4 in the 6-step scale of Vietnam Foreign Language Competency Framework. In addition, students can learn basic Japanese and can register for advanced Japanese lessons according to their needs.
– International academic environment with the participation of many international lecturers.
4.5 Modern learning method
– Many modules in the training program use active learning methods (active learning).
– Based on the experience of Japanese universities, the program will introduce seminar format into some modules to develop communication, discussion, teamwork skills and enhance interaction between lecturers and students, between students and students.
4.6 High practicality
– The content of the modules is highly practical, with the participation in teaching of many experienced experts from Japanese and Vietnamese organizations and businesses.
– Students will have the opportunity to interact with organizations and businesses through Internship programs.
5. TRAINING PROGRAM AND LEARNING PATH
5.1 Training Program
The training program consists of 152 credits, which include the following knowledge blocks:
* General knowledge : 21 credits
* Knowledge by field: 33 credits
* Knowledge by industry: 25 credits
* Knowledge by industry group: 17 credits
* Industry knowledge: 55 credits
5.2 Learning Path
The learning path is divided into two main phases:
– In the first 2 years, students will receive general education knowledge, foreign language knowledge and modules that provide knowledge about current global issues of concern, the foundational knowledge of science. and computer engineering in mathematics, physics, and information science.
– Two years later, students will learn the basic modules of Computer Science and Engineering, then can choose specialized directions in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Financial Technology. Main course or Informatics for engineering or in-depth orientation guided by lecturers, the orientations are given on the basis of the current needs survey results of Vietnam and are also the orientations that can promote the strengths of Vietnam Japan University.
Lecturers of the Computer Science and Engineering program include lecturers from Vietnam Japan University, long-term dispatched lecturers from partner universities, research institutes and Japanese enterprises, lecturers in the field of computer science and technology inside and outside Vietnam National University, Hanoi, research institutes and enterprises in Vietnam. This is a force of highly qualified, integrated, multidisciplinary and experienced staff, ensuring the operation of training programs according to the philosophy of education for sustainable development.
The University of Tokyo is the main partner of the training program, represented by Prof.Dr. Ishikawa
Dr. Nguyen Hoang Oanh
Prof.Dr. ISHIKAWA Masatoshi
Advisor to Program
Prof.Dr. Kasai Hideki
Osaka University, VJU
Prof. Dr. Sc. Nguyen Dinh Duc
Mechanics and materials
Assoc.Prof.Dr.Phung Duc Tuan
Dr. Hino Yoshifumi
Prof.Dr. Dinh Van An
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Takeda Shinichi
Dr. Tamura Makoto
Dr. Nguyen Van Triet
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Vu Viet Vu
IT Institute, VNU
Assoc.Prof.Dr.Nguyen Ha Nam
IT Institute, VNU
Dr. Nguyen Duong Nguyen
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Dr. Le Viet Gia Khanh
Google Japan/MiaTech Inc
Dr. Pham Tien Thanh
Assoc.Prof.Dr.Bui Nguyen Quoc Trinh
Assoc.Prof.Dr. Tran Thi Thanh Tu
Finance – Banking
Dr. Nguyen Van Quang
Dr. Phung Thi Viet Bac
Math – Physics
Dr. Nguyen Thi An Hang
Dr. Dang Thanh Tu
Dr. Hoang Thi Thu Duyen
Dr. Nguyen Thi Thuy Hang
Dr. Vu Hoang Linh
Dr. Dang Quang Vinh
Dr. Tran Luong Thanh
Dr. Tran Thi Viet Ha
7. FRAME PROGRAM
At least 20% of students receive full or partial scholarships; There are also enterprise-sponsored scholarships for Hanoi National University.
2022 Admission Targets: 80 students / course
* Admission is based on the results of the assessment of qualifications (including academic records, achievements in high school.., interviews)
* Admission in another way:
– Admission is based on High School Exam Result in year.
– Admission of international foreign language certificates (English, combined with 02 subjects of high school graduation exam in year).
– Admission of results on the SAT
– Admission of A-Level Certificate
– Direct admission and admission to specialized high schools
– Direct selection of candidates to participate in international competition teams or win national prizes
– Admission is based on the results of the competency assessment exam of VNU
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
Add: 5th Floor, My Dinh Campus, Luu Huu Phuoc Street, Cau Dien Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
Phone: (+84) 24 73066001 – Ext 5093
Hotline: (+84) 966 954 736 (Zalo) – (+84) 96 96 38 426